COVID-19: WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- Maintaining a six-foot distance from clients whenever possible
- Providing image review on a monitor for safe distancing
- Disinfecting high traffic surfaces with bleach before and after each client
- Disinfecting props before and after each use
- Washing provided wardrobe (if any) after each use
- Frequently washing hands
- Using paper towels instead of cloth towels to dry off hands
- Using masks
- Requiring makeup artists to wear a mask and a face shield
- Using CDC disinfection guidelines on grooming tools
- Using more disposable grooming tools
COVID-19: REGARDING VACCINE MANDATE
As you may already know, vaccination for actors is already a requirement for work in the industry. In light of the new city ordinance requiring vaccines for indoor businesses, we will also be requiring digital proof of vaccination starting on November 4th, 2021. We will comply and do our part to help put an end to this pandemic. Don’t have a digital card yet? Get one here!
Here are some answers to possible concerns you may have.
1. Vaccines were too rushed and therefore not safe.
mRNA vaccine technology is not new. Scientists, and specifically Pfizer, have been working on this type of vaccine for decades and therefore the vaccine came to fruition due to Project Warp Speed, funded by the Trump administration.
Read this article on the history of mRNA vaccine technology to learn more.
2. The vaccine changes my DNA and therefor is not safe.
It does not. mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
Read this article on how the vaccine works.
3. People are dying from the vaccine.
All vaccines have some risk. The question becomes, do the risks outweigh the benefits?
The benefits include:
Herd immunity so that the virus does not hop around from person to person and continue to mutate, only prolonging the ability for us all to get back to a normal life. Think of it this way, if you do your part for the community, we all get to enjoy a normal life sooner.
2 to 5 people per 1 million got anaphylaxis as an allergic reaction.
Out of 14.9 million doses of Johnson & Johnson (which uses a live virus – not mRNA), there are 47 reports of confirmed Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia. For this reason, women younger than 50 should not take the J&J vaccine.
Out of 14.9 million doses of Johnson & Johnson (which uses a live virus), 2159 cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome have been reported.
906 cases of Myocarditis and pericarditis after receiving an mRNA vaccine.
Out of 396 million doses, there have been 8,390 deaths. That’s .0021%.
Compare that to the number of people infected with the virus (in the US) in the last two years, 4.5 million vs. 733,795 deaths. That’s .016% or 188 times more than the number of deaths from the vaccine itself.
4. Covid-19 is the same as the flu.
No, Covid-19 is not the same as the flu.
In the US, an estimated 35 million people got the flu, between 2019 and 2020 which killed an estimated 20,000 people. That’s .00057% which means that Covid-19 is more than 3-1/2 times deadlier than the flu.
And finally, the flu is also not the same as Covid-19 in that you can have Covid-19 and be asymptomatic while still being contagious. Infecting others means more mutations, more deaths and a never-ending pandemic.
Thank you in advance for doing your part!
All the best,