I’m guessing you’re here because you’ve browsed my site and you’re interested in learning something about me. Thank you for stopping by!
Okay, so to start, unless you’re from Eastern Europe, you’re going to pronounce my name wrong. For a proper introduction, my name is pronounced like Bonnie, but with a V: Vanie.
My goal is to help you succeed. I want to empower you with the tools you need to market yourself effectively. I’ll do this by engaging you and directing you instead of posing you. I’m after images that show you full of life, not vacant stares. If you don’t like to pose for the camera, you’ve definitely found the right photographer!
A few facts about my sessions:
- I may not be the lowest bidder, but I get the job done right the first time. You get images that have personality, warmth, and most importantly, the quality you need to help with your marketing needs.
- I’m the gal that makes you feel like it’s your day, not mine. I get that I provide a service, that you’re paying for that service, and whatever you say goes, with my expert input of course!
- I’m the all time director. You may or may not have that much experience in front of the camera. No matter what your level of experience is, I’m really good at directing you, putting you at ease, and coaxing your personality to the light!
- I’m also a bit old school. You’ll appreciate my professional environment and my team. We don’t dump our bad day on you, make calls or send text messages on your time, so you can relax and feel like you’re getting a full service session! If we’re traveling to your office, we are considerate and mindful of your environment and work as stealthily as possible!
- No God-complexes here, need I say more?
- I take pride in knowing that you will leave your session having had a positive experience.
- Factoid: In their reviews, my clients consistently mention how easy it is to work with me.
I must add that my photography career would not have come to fruition if it weren’t for my late father, Sahag Mikaelian. If you’re wondering, yes that is an Armenian name, and yes, I’m full-blooded Armenian. My dad was the professional hobbyist, and he’s the reason I picked up the camera. In my teens, I started documenting people (my favorite subject), mostly my peers, and becoming known as, “the girl with the camera.” What I shoot for fun these days can be seen in my personal portfolio.
I’d also been drawing people since I could pick up a pencil. I studied visual arts at the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and then at Otis School of Art and Design, one of the most prestigious art schools in the nation. Being an Angelino, I naturally gravitated towards the film and television industry where I discovered my love of photographing headshots.
I’ve been afor over 20 years. My work has definitely evolved over the years and with a unique perspective, I now photograph both in Detroit and NYC as well. My clients include all kinds of people, from , , and the occasional person interested in ! Many of my clients can frequently be seen in commercials and on TV shows like Justified, Ray Donavan, Black Mirror, Diet Land, The Americans, Grimm, Breaking Bad, Chicago PD, Masters of Sex and more.
My camera has photographed musical talents such as Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, and Nellie. I have also taken headshots for sports personalities such as Cal Ripken Jr., Davis Ortiz, Derek Jeter, and Dale Earnheardt Jr. My photography has been featured in national ad campaigns, in publications such as USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Pontiac’s High Performance magazine, Mediaweek, and many others. My commercial work has also been seen in national web banner ads, on big-city kiosks, and even on banners in Madison Square Garden!
Being an expert in the business, I’m often interviewed by magazines such as Backstage West. I’m frequently invited as a guest speaker to teach “The Business of Acting.” I’ve taught at the UCLA Extension Program with Pam Dixon and at AIA, and I love it!
As part of my growing team, I’m proud to offer the option of sessions with my view his portfolio). He is a former client and actor who shadowed me as I trained him to shoot headshots. It’s been great to have such a talented photographer on board for the last 6 years who shares my style and aesthetic. He is a valuable colleague and friend!, for actors with smaller budgets (
When you hire me, you’re hiring anot just a person with a camera. So hire me to produce images that help you market yourself effectively. Call me. I’d love to hear from you!
Meet & Greet
Where we meet with our guests
Where we pamper you
Where the magic happens!